scionking
scionking, toyota expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

HiOn a Toyota Hilux 2006 how to reset the T-BELT LIGHTThanksThys

Customer Question

Hi
On a Toyota Hilux 2006 how to reset the T-BELT LIGHT
Thanks
Thys
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer for your needs. Here...

1. Ignition On

2. Hit the trip button untill see the mileage

3. Ignition Off

4. Press and hold the trip button turn the ignition on wait for 5 seconds let go the trip button

5. press and hold the trip button again wait for 5 seconds you will see the 15 display on the

dash

6. let go the trip button.

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

On my Display i see 15 then i release the trip button but the light is still on

Thanks

Thys

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks

Thys

Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a rubber grommet on instrument cluster that you can remove and there is a button behind it? If not then you have to remove instrument cluster and switch this screw to position number 2.
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi My instrument cluster doesen't look like this one my Hilux is 2006 Model

Thank You

Thys

Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.

ok try this procudure then it may take a couple of trys to get it right.

Make sure your ODO is displaying and not trip meter A or B
Press reset button with Ignition off and hold it
Turn on ignition and start the engine while still holding button in, hold for at least 5 seconds and release,
DO NOT TURN IGNITION OFF
Press reset button again and a "1" should appear on the screen
If you press again a 2 will appear

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

The 2 apear on the trip meter but the T-Belt is still burning

Thanks

Thys

Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
"T- Belt is still burning", what do you mean? If t-belt light is still on then you have to set it to 1 instead of 2
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi so how do i set it if i see 1 or 2 on the odo meter what must i do press the button again or swith of the ignition
Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
DO NOT TURN IGNITION OFF
If you press again a 2 will appear

by hitting the reset button your selecting either 1 or 2
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi i have selecting till 4 and the T-Belt is still burning

Thanks

Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
Are you positve that this is the tbelt light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is the orange T-Belt Light
Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
Did you take the instrument cluster out and look at the cuircut board on the back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Yes i did and it doesnt look like the one you have send me

Thys

Expert:  scionking replied 3 years ago.
Sorry i have no more resources on this reset, i will opt out for someone else to assist