Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.

2000 Toyota Sienna: I take it somewhere to be diagnosed and repaired

My A/C on my 2000 Toyota Sienna doesn't work. I'm trying to narrow the possible causes/problems before I take it somewhere to be diagnosed and repaired. I just checked the A/C fuse (thanks to dt69nova) and the fuse is fine. When the A/C button on the instrument panel is pushed the light (green) turns on solid, but I don't hear or feel the compressor engage. The belt appears to be fine. The fan works fine, but only blows warm (not cooled) air. Can you help me narrow the potential problems/solutions?
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.What needs to be checked first is the freon level,When the level gets low, Then the low pressure saftey switch will not allow the A/C compressor to turn-on. Have the freon level checked and topped-off Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!