Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

93 toyota 4 runner turn signals dont light. hazards flash bulbs work.

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 3 years ago.

Dj :

Hello and thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. I'm Dj and I will work with you on this.

Customer:

Hey there

Dj :

The turn signals and the flashers are on different circuits on the power side. This is so you can run the flashers with the key off, but to use the turn signals, the key has to be on.

Dj :

Have you checked the 10 amp turn fuse?

Customer:

all fuses look good

Dj :

Please check the fuse with a test light. They can get microscopic cracks that you can't see but they don't work.

Dj :

We need to see if there is power at both metal nubs, one nub but not the other, or no power at all.

Customer:

is it in the general fuse box or is it a seperate place

Dj :

It's in the fuse box by the left kick panel inside the truck.

Customer:

I need to go check. will you hang on?

Dj :

Yes,

Customer:

be right back

Customer:

that was it

Customer:

thought I looked but it was blown

Dj :

Yee ha!

Customer:

thanks

Dj :

If you watch any mechanic that's worked on cars for a long time, the first thing they do when they have an electrical problem is test the fuses with a test light.

Dj :

You are very welcome.

Customer:

if a new fuses is installed, will there be any issuse I should keep an eye out for?

Dj :

Something blew the fuse. So there could still be a problem.

Dj :

Do you have trailer hitch wiring?

Customer:

there was wter in the socket

Dj :

OK, it looks like you already found the problem.

Customer:

turn signal socket

Dj :

That would do it.

Customer:

how do the buld grease work?

Customer:

would you recommend?

Customer:

bulb, sorry

Dj :

I use dielectric grease on every connector and bulp that I work on. Including in my house. This prevents corrosion. If you use this type of grease on every electrical connection, you will never have a problem with that connection again. If you use it when you screw in a light bulb, the next time the bulb fails it will come out easily.

Customer:

nice, thanks

Dj :

Bulb, sorry.

Customer:

:)

Customer:

thank you for your help

Dj :

Neither one of us can spell today.

Customer:

fri

Dj :

You are welcome.

Dj :

What does that mean?

Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.