Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. 25 yrs experience

2011 Toyota camry hybrid: the wiring diagrm for intalling fog lights

Can you supply me with the wiring diagrm for intalling fog lights on a 2011 Toyota Camry Hibrid and some helpful directions for doing so? 
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with your Toyota problem..

Are you installing a factory style fog lamp kit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is after market. complete kit w/wiring harness, relay, switch, bulb assembly, bulbs, lenses, bumper frames.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Is the kit made to plug into the factory harness or do you need to know where to connect the power wires?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
since it came with a wiring harness, relay & switch, I would assume it is not meant to plug into the factory harness. But I haven't looked to see if there are empty locations i n the factory harness. Everybody around here seems absolutely scared to death of this because of ll the computer stuff controlling the Camry Hibrid. So another question I would ask is this: Can't the fog lights be installed, using the relay, and the separate switch connected directly to the car battery - instead of trying to go through the main electrical system - just as if I were to add some thing like a back-up camera, something that would normally tie into, like, a brake light?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
You can connect the fog lights directly to the 12 volt battery. The only problem with doing this is that the fog lights would have power all the time. You would have to remember to turn them off each time you exited the vehicle, otherwise they could stay on and run the battery down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is a better alternative connection?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
The best place to connect power would be at the factory fog lamp fuse location in the fuse panel under the drivers side of the dash. This is fuse #4 in the panel. You can either use a fuse tap available at the auto parts store that allows a wire to be connected directly to the fuse panel (the fuse tap installs into the fuse slot under the fuse) Or you can connect to the wire behind the fuse panel for this fuse #4.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will this in any way compromise any of the rest of the electrical system?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
This will not compromise the electrical system. This will not place any more load than what the factory has already designed into the system for the factory fog lamps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, Dave.