john, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field

2010 Toyota Corolla LE: Low Pressure Tire Indicator Light came

I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE- 3282 miles the first of Jan., 2011. Low Pressure Tire Indicator Light came on and stayed on. Door pillar placard says recommended cold tire inflation of 30 psi. I checked all 4 tires cold with a tire gauge & got 32 psi & the spare & got 70 psi. I drove car and warning light stayed on. I took the car to a Toyota dealer this morning. About 10 minutes later I was told the warning light was off, a tire had had low pressure. I told them I had checked with a tire gauge and all 4 were at 32psi & aske the current tire pressure. I was told that they filled the tires to 40 psi (max. recommended on tire is 44 psi). When I questioned them about putting the 40 psi in tires when 30is recommended I was told it was OK. I question using 40 psi when 30 is recommended and all worked when brand new & warning light has not coming on and staying on. Any thoughts?
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. 40m is to much lower them down to the suggested pressure on the door sticker or the owners manual

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto