Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

toyota Camry Code PO440, PO441 and PO446 engine light, car

Code PO440, PO441 and PO446 engine light, car hesitate to pick up, car tries to shut down, I have to take it slow in order for me to take it to the speed i need to run it too.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

The charcoal canisters have alot of issues that can cause these codes. Verify that the Vacuum Switching Valve (VSV) for the pressure sensor (located on the canister) operates correctly. This is a normally closed (N.C.) valve. When energized, it should open. When de-energized, an internal spring should close the valve. Verify that the canister closed valve (located on the air filter housing) closes and does not stick closed when operated. This is a normally open (N.O.) valve. When it is grounded, it closes, and it should never stick closed. If both solenoids operate correctly and are not sticking, inspect for a restriction in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) lines that could affect how the canister vents after a leak test is performed. Verify that the fuel cap is a factory part. If the fuel cap leaks or does not hold the correct amount of vacuum when the system checks for a leak, all the codes will set.