Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

1991 toyota 4runner sr5: v6 3.0 wont start..tune

My 1991 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 3.0 won't start. Just had a recent tune up. Battery is fine, turns over but won't fire up. aAll spark plug wires are connected. Checked all that. Fuses are all good. what else should i troubleshoot? help please!!!

Dj :

Hello and thank you for trusting Just Answer with your 4Runner question. I'm Dj and I will work with you on this.

Dj :

You need three things to run, fuel, spark and compression. So let's start the process of elimination.

Dj :

Do you have something flammable to spray into the intake? Carb cleaner, starter fluid, anything that burns quickly so we can test if it's a fuel problem.

Dj :

Take off the larg tube that goes from the air flow meter to the throttle body and open the throttle, then spray carb cleaner into the hole and try to start it.

Dj :

Let me know what happens. Then we can proceed from there.

Dj :

Dj