Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics

toyota how to remove drivers door panel from a toyota highlander

how to remove drivers door panel from a toyota highlander 2002
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

graphic

• Using a screwdriver, remove the power window regulator master switch assembly then disconnect the connector.graphic
  • Using a screwdriver, remove the front door lower frame bracket garnish.graphic
  • Using a screwdriver, remove the door pull handle.graphic
  • Remove the screw.

• Using a screwdriver, remove the door inside handle bezel.graphic
  • Remove the clip and screw.

• Using a screwdriver, remove the front door trim board.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wrote back to ask how to adjust the window jamming timer with the regulator

after you gave me the reason why the window was going to the top and dropping down 4 inches.Could you tell me how to adjust the mechanism

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.
    1. If the jam protection dose not function properly, perform the following procedure.
HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in the initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.
  1. Remove the power window motor.
HINT: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
  1. Connect the power window motor and power window switch to the wire harness of the vehicle.
  2. Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor in the up side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotations (4 seconds or more).
  3. Assemble the power window motor and regulator.
  • Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point.
  • Align the match marks on the power window motor and window regulator gear when installing the power window motor.
  1. Assemble the power window regulator and door glass.

Torque: 3.9 - 6.9 N.m (39.8 - 70.3 kgf.cm, 35 - 61 in.lbf)

HINT: Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the window glass is completely installed.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -