Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota Corolla 2003 toyota corolla wont start. I replaced

2003 toyota corolla wont start. I replaced battery, starter, fusible link ,alternator car will not tirn over still. At wits end have no idea what to do now.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Do you have a voltmeter or test light or voltmeter and a reasonable knowledge of how to use them? Are you getting any type of click noises from the relays or the starter itself? Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a volt meter.

I am getting no clicking sounds at all. The radio works . the lights work but the engine will not turn over.

Is this an automatic or manual transmission? While holding the key in the start position are you getting 12 V to the small engagement wire at the starter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its an automatic. I have 12 volts to the starter.
You are telling me you have 12 V to the small engagement wire that goes to the solenoid and the starter is not engaging? If this is the case and your main power feed cable or battery cable is not corroded and you not getting any click or clunk from the starter then your new starter you installed is no good. There's no way around that.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its not a new starter , I had it tested before I bought a new one and it passed 3 times

Something does not add up. You can't have 12 V going to the starter solenoid have a good battery and good cables and not have the starter engage. If it is not engaging the starter is no good or you have a ground or power feed problem to the engine. Are you ground cables to the engine/transmission in good condition clean and tight?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The car started fine this morning , went to work , came out car was dead. Still have juice to everything , radio, lights, How could I have power to starter if battery no good. ground should be okay right?

The power and grounds to the chassis or body control electrical systems are separate from the main power cable to the starter and the ground cable to the transmission case. So provided your headlights don't go dim and your electrical systems have full power than your battery probably is good and you still can have accessories and body electrical components working normally and not have enough current flow to engage the starter solenoid. You can also have 12 V to the starter but not have enough current flow through the wire due to corrosion in the neutral safety switch or in the wiring somewhere. The only way to know for certain would be to run jumper wire to the electrical pin at the starter solenoid and go directly to the battery positive post to see if you can engage the starter that way. If it does then you know you have a voltage current flow problem to the starter solenoid wire. I'm about done for the evening. Try this test let me know how things go and I can follow up with you tomorrow.