I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto mechanic

How to replace a 80 amp alt fuse in a 92 toyota pickup

Customer Question

How to replace a 80 amp alt fuse in a 92 toyota pickup?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 5 years ago. is in the engine bay in the fuse box near to the need to pull off the two bolts on the side of the fuse...the fuse is bolted with those two screws....good luck...thank you...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already attempted this. After removing the bolts, the fuse box would not come away from the side far, without braking something. I could feel around the sides and botton of the fuse box. It was all smooth, will nothing to be securing the fuse in place in the box. How do you remove the fuse from the box?
Expert:  I. Silva replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the new fuse ? If you look at it there are two holes for the screws that you need to remove...let me know...
Expert:  I. Silva replied 5 years ago.

let me know.....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Forget it. While waiting for your answer, I removed the fuse box. I found that the bottom was removable. Found the release tab, Pushed the fuse unit through the bottom of the box. found that you must revmooe 2 bolts. Then, you can remove the fuse. This is what I had hoped to findout from you. But, I found it myself. You certainly didn't tell me anything, that I didn't already know. Thank you.