Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota celica vvti Hi, I have a 2003 celica vvti and the idle

Hi, I have a 2003 celica vvti and the idle is fine when cold but as soon as the car reaches temperature it's at 2000 rpm, seems regular, if i blip the throttle it goes momentarily down and then rises back to 2000 rpm.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are there any engine codes? Has the check engine light been on recently? Any recent service history?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing unusual, no warning lights, I bought the car recently and it was doing this then, just seems like the idle is set too high, it runs fine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have diagnostics kit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got a small box on my screen saying question answered but I cant find the answer? or an email?

Have not replied until now. IF there are no warning lights the most common problem when it comes to idling issues has to do with the IAC or Idle Air Control valve and the throttle body. To start check the adjustment on the throttle cable. If it is good the remove the throttle body and then remove the IAC from the bottom of it and clean the IAC thoroughly with carb and choke cleaner. These are known to get carbon deposits and causes the idle to stick and be erratic.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm still having trouble with this, I did an obd check and the throttle position at rest is 11.4% is that about correct?