ToyoPro
ToyoPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Master Technician, 17yrs Automotive Industry
48590959

Toyota: the timing belt in my 06 Hilux (1KD-FTV Engine )..belt light

Hi , I've just replaced the timing belt in my 06 Hilux (1KD-FTV Engine ) and would like to turn the timing belt light off , is there a simple way to do this without going to a Toyota
dealer .
Laurie .

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will get back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

Do you have navigation? Or is that message on the info display?

JACUSTOMER-3l5iwrva- :

? , info display .

LexusPro :

Have you got a rubber grommet in the instrument display (where the speedo and tacho is) about at the same level as the trip meter reset?

If yes then remove the grommet and there is a very small button if you take the insert out of a biro pen and just press the small button that should reset the T-belt light

JACUSTOMER-3l5iwrva- :

No rubber grommet front or back . The trip distance meter is digital next to the trip meter reset , the instrument display has one wiring harness plug going into the back top left hand side , no speedo cable going into the back .

JACUSTOMER-3l5iwrva- :

the instrument panel seems to be electronically controlled .

LexusPro :

Posted Image
Full Size Image

LexusPro :

Unforunately the Hilux is not sold heve in the states so our info here is some what limited. That is the reset procedure for a 2007.

JACUSTOMER-3l5iwrva- :

i guess the 2005 - 2010 would have the same procedure , will try the procedure you sent in the image .

LexusPro :

It is a shame they don't sell the Hilux here. I have been overseas a few times and had some exposure, love that truck. If that procedure does not work let me know.

JACUSTOMER-3l5iwrva- :

Yep thanks mate , just went out and tried it and it worked fine , good work on finding that procedure diagram , thanks .