ToyoPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Master Technician, 17yrs Automotive Industry

Toyota Camry LE 2001 Camry 4 cylinder, very rough idle, no

2001 Camry 4 cylinder, very rough idle, no power, was running fine, shut it off, turned it back on and no power and won't idle, no codes, I was thinking maybe the IAC motor and or EGR valve?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  ToyoPro replied 5 years ago.

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will get back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

I would start by cleaning the iac and mass airflow sensor. Both are fairly easy to clean. The mass air flow sensor can be unbolted from the intake hose and cleaned with mass air flow sensor cleaner available at most part stores. To clean the iac you will need to remove the intake hose from the throttle body. You will then be able to see the iac. Remove the two screws that hold the electrical component of the iac and remove the plastic motor housing. To clean the iac there is a port in the bottom of the throttle body. Spray throttle body cleaner in that port while ligthly turning the stem sticking out of the iac(don't force it it should olny turn between 10 and 2). Then use compressed air in the same port following the same procedure. You may have to perform both steps several times until the small stem turms effortlessly between 10 and 2. A stuck open EGR valve can also cause that condition but will usually have a excessive flow code.

Customer :

Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try that out and get back to you