Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

Have a 2002 Prius warning lights came on codes P3105 p 3002

Customer Question

have a 2002 Prius warning lights came on codes P3105 p 3002
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer for your question!

Have you had a repair shop look at this concern yet?

Is the Hybrid battery original? If yes, how many miles are on this Prius?

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no repair shop do all my own repairs.none recent.

bought car used just before they had a campaign to check for corrosion on batterys'

prius has 170,000

orig error had brake light illuminated with hybird error added fluid even though it looked to be above min line.brake warning light went out immediately.after several short trips all warning lights went out.went to start car next moring all looked ok after several miles driving.hybird warning and brake light came on again.car seems like its tring to slow itself down when this happens.today car wouldn't start meaning it strats then dies immediately tried 5x .took other vehicle.came back and car started.Its been real cold here.came home later and car wouldn't start same as before tries to start then dies.replaced regular battery today witha new Toyata battery.still wont run

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
going to bed now have to get up at 5am and go to work.

We have seen several of these Prius with The codes you have...

P3105 Battery ECU Communication Circuit Malfunction

P3002 HV ECU Communication Malfunction

The 2 that I had required the replacement of the Hybrid Battery and the HV ECU located next to the hybrid battery. In both instances, Toyota paid for the Battery and ECU while the customers paid the labor to install the two items. It may be worth a try to talk to approach you local Dealer and see.

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will explore this on monday were these prius's under warrantee.or out like mine must be. not origional owner and 8years old plus 170,000 mi

were these prius's under warrantee.or out like mine must be

They were both out but just by 5-10,000 miles.

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just what exactly is the warrantee mileage on this car?

also the warantee in years?

and is it only to the origional owner?

and is it only to the origional owner?

No.

also the warantee in years?

The warranty for the car is 5yr/60,000 miles but the Hybrid system is 8yr/100,000 miles.

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
charged new battery fully today and car started up was able to clear codes and drove it a bit, but don't know if the error will reappear. will it stay in the memory even after cleared for dealer to see it?

will it stay in the memory even after cleared for dealer to see it?

No, once you clear the computers memory, the information is gone. You can leave it for them to test drive and duplicate the concern.

Genchi

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think I have a chance of getting them to warrantee it since it has 170,000 miles on it?

Not unless you are a very good customer of theirs, as in you have bought your cars from them and have had them serviced there. If you haven't done this, then you really aren't a customer of theirs and they have no reason to go to bat for you with Toyota.

Genchi

Experience: Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can you show me in a diagram exactly where the HV ECU is ?