Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota Camry LE radio in my 1999 camry light out at night

radio in my 1999 camry light out at night cant see to tune ?

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Is this a factory Toyota radio? Do the rest of the instrument controls and combination meter illuminate?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Its A Factory radio. The Radio Want Light Up And A/c Controls .Want Light Also
The illumination light for the heater control panel is a separate bulb and can be replaced. The illumination in the radio cannot be changed. Illumination circuit is built into the radio. The plug going to the back of the radio has a wire coming from the illumination circuit. If any of the illumination lights in the combination meter or other switches are illuminating then there is power on this line. It sounds to me like you have two problems. The bulbs can be replaced in the heater control panel but you will have to remove the radio and have it sent out to be repaired.

Skyvisions