Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Toyota Prius What is the cost of replacing a water pump on

What is the cost of replacing a water pump on a Toyota Prius (2005)
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your Toyota question. Are you referring to the engine water pump or the inverter coolant pump?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The dealer service manager said there was evidence of water in the coolant, which indicated a defective seal,

, and would require a water pump replacement

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 years ago.
Hmmmm. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense as the coolant is basically water with additives in it. Any chance you could verify which pump as this will make a big difference in the price. Did they give you a part number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will have to call the service manager tomorrow and get sme more specific information on the problem, and then respond to Boxer 54
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 6 years ago.
You can just log on here and let me know what you find out. I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
For Boxer 54.Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I had a problem contacting the dealer Service Manager. It was the engine water pump.On inspection, they found a crustation of coolant on the engine block near the water pump and figured it was leaking out.
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello Customer. Welcome to justanswer!

Different expert here...

The water pump on the engine should cost around (plus or minus 15 percent) $300. It depends on where you are.

Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.