Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

2006 toyota avalon limited: can i fix my rear window shade

how can i fix my rear window shade on my 2006 toyota avalon limited that is stuck in the up position?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using just answer!
When you push the button does the unit make some noise and then go into anti jamb protection mode or is there no response from the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, when I push the button or shift into reverse I do hear a click near the shade on the right (passenger) side where i think the shade motor is located
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 5 years ago.
Unfornutely power sunshade issues are common on this car, also the sunshade does not come as seperate parts, you have to get the entire thing if any parts are needed and the part is close to $800. From what you have stated the unit is getting power and command signal but the gearing is collapsed, if you are not able to push down on the shade while someone pushes the button then it is not going to go down. You are unfornutely going to have to have this removed or replaced to get it out of the back window. Accessing this requires removing the back seat and decklid to access the unit so it takes a couple hours labor to service this unit.