Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. 25 yrs experience

Solara: low beam headlight..I am driving.took it to a toyota dealer

my 2007 toyto solora low beam headlight on the right side goes out while I am driving.took it to a toyota dealer. they switch the blubs, both worked and tried to sell me a new blub. The old blub comes on when I start the car

Hello and welcome to justanswer.

Because the light comes on, but goes out intermittently the problem is not in the bulb. You likely have a poor connection at the headlamp bulb socket. If this is the case, it would be best to replace the bulb socket, as any attempts to repair the socket will likely fail. Some auto parts stores carry replacement sockets and the dealer should have replacement sockets available.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I checked online for a headlight blub and everyone wanted to sell a headlight assembly for $150. or more. Can I buy this blub socket or willI have to buy the whole light frame
Check with the dealer first, as this will not likely be offered by aftermarket suppliers. If the dealer does not have the connector separate from the harness, check with a salvage yard and get a connector from a wrecked vehicle. This will keep you from having to purchase a complete wiring harness.