cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.

toyota RAV4 Sport 2006 toyota rav 4 cyl Humming noise when

Customer Question

2006 toyota rav 4 cyl : Humming noise when started car today and then shut off it didn't want to start got it started and then by the time I got home the lights were very dim and pulled into drive way and no power steering and shut off and didn't start and then cooled down and started
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 5 years ago.
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, there isn't any lights on except when I got home the battery light came on now its off
You are probably on the right track to suspect the alternator but it could also be a problem with battery connections, battery, or the wiring in between, you need to have your alternator and battery tested off of the vehicle to pinpoint your problem. If I have helped you, kindly click on the Accept button so I can get paid for my expertise and time, Thanks.