Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

2005 Sequoia: Secondary Air..Injection System..Circuit..the vechicle

I got the code P2445 Secondary Air Injection System Pump Stuck Off. Bank 1 and P0418 Secondary Air Injection System Pelay "A" Circuit on my 2005 Sequoia. I have recently spent $1991.00 on the vechicle because they said it need a new ECU. I showed mutliple misfires. Before that I was told that one of the injectors needed work. This is what is on my invoice: Driver ASSy, Air Inj which cost $281.87. The codes P2445 and P0418 came back after all of the other work was completed. What could be happening?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 years ago.
This is the 4.7l 2uz engine isn't it?

Did the dealer try and fix this specific complaint yet or was the $1900 spent on other work?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes to the engine and No I have not got the problem fixed because I had concerns about it being there in their shop for 3 weeks and I keep getting asked for more money because once they say they have fixed the problem then I go and pick up the vehicle and the engine light is still on. They could not seem to figure it all out.

Unfortunantly I have to go with the Dealer on this one. There is a Service bulletin on this concern and codes and it calls for the replacement of the air injection driver. The bulletin # XXXXX XXXXX The pricing they gave you also appears correct. Now that's not to say all the previous work was needed or correct but in these codes, yes.