marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/ASE/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision w 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster
17579256

2006 Toyota Sienna: Airbag..Control Module TSBs, this..expensive fix

2006 Toyota Sienna Airbag Sensor and Control Module TSBs, this seems like an expensive fix for the consumer, $2000 dollar estimate. What options do we have? Looks like Toyota should fix this to me.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  marcpod replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
marcpod :

Welcome were you in any kind of fender bender or small accident running over or hitting a curb?

marcpod :

Becuase your over the mileage and production date they probably will not take care of it. if your close to the end date of either one call your Toyota rep. See if they can do anything for you. They may do this for free. But if they know that you have hit something or done something they may decline to do anything for you this may be the case?

JACUSTOMER-sorlsfsl- :

the sensor has gone off 2 times before, however we did hit a deer 1 year ago and part of the front end, $3000 had to be replaced.

marcpod :

I would think it could be from that have you had any problems with this before. It could be a wet or moisture in the wiring. Using a scan tool will go right to the problem That is why they came up with that.

marcpod :

Going off or on!

JACUSTOMER-sorlsfsl- :

the light came on before, 2 times before the deer, they said it was a loose connection, but now they want to replace the entire system

marcpod :

If that was the case then I would call the insurance company up and reopen the claim. IT is possible that the sensors were bad and should have been replaced from that accident.

JACUSTOMER-sorlsfsl- :

good idea, thanks

Expert:  marcpod replied 6 years ago.
They can reopen that claim You have to make sure that you be adimate about this, They may say why didn't you bring it in early, you need to have a good reason.