Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

How do I remove the radio from a 1999 Toyota 4Runner?

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

I need to gather some info on this is there a big rush on time?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to go the salvage yard this morning to remove the radio before the car is sent away. I am not worried about any damage to the dash, but just need the main mscrew/bolt locations to access the mounting bracket for the unit and then I can go from there with respect to taking out the radio and removing the wiring harness adapter kit.

There are no screws involved. The plastic bezel/cover pops off the housing around the E brake lever. Pop it up and forward. Then this allows the top part around the shifter to pop up snap clips only. This will allow the plastic trim piece that goes all the way around the radio and done to the shifter cover to come off by starting at the bottom and pop/ pry out and work your way up along the sides and this and the vents come out together.

Skyvisions