ToyotaTom
ToyotaTom, Toyota Technician
Experience:  Toyota, ASE, MSE, MECP Certified
30956819

we have a 2005 toyota avalon. the check engine light and VSC

Customer Question

we have a 2005 toyota avalon. the check engine light and VSC light came on yesterday. Any ideas on what might be the problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  ToyotaTom replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
ToyotaTom :

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer to help you with your questions! There are literally hundreds of codes that "could" be the one(s) causing your check engine light to illuminate. In order to try and make any progress, I would need to know what code(s) are stored in the vehicle's computer. Most auto parts stores will hook your car up to a scanner and can give you a print out of what "P-Codes" are stored, and from there I would be happy to help you

ToyotaTom :

They usually will do this for free, I guess in hopes of selling you the parts to fix the problem

Customer :

OK. We will get a code tomorrow. how do we connect with you once we get the codes?

ToyotaTom :

You can just reply to this chat, and it will send me an email alerting me that you have replied. I will be back online tomorrow evening and can folllow up with you then

ToyotaTom :

And just FYI, the VSC, and TRAC lights will come on automatically any time the check engine light comes on

ToyotaTom :

Even if it is a loose gas cap, all three lights will come on. But let me know what codes you have stored in the computer and we'll take it from there.

ToyotaTom :

Have a good night :)

Customer :

thank you.

ToyotaTom :

You're welcome :) Just let me know and we'll go from there

Customer :

service code 4

ToyotaTom :

It should be something like P0446 or p0300 or something similar to that

ToyotaTom :

Do you have something like that on what they gave you?