Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota prius: the car...before the warning light was on but after i

i have toyota prius 2001 i just replaced the hv battery but still the car no start no codes after replace hv battery?
before the codes was about the battery but after i replace no codes it seem everything is ok...
ready light is flashing when i tried to start the car...
before the warning light was on but after i replaced the battery now is off...
please help asap

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Did you get the disconnect plug fully inserted and installed correctly at the HV battery? The number one problem is usually related to the high-voltage plug not being installed correctly or fully engaged. Double check that let me know if I.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is well connected i took this twice and put back and locked

Do you have capabilities of checking for codes in the hybrid computer or only the engine computer? Are there any in either place?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have modis snapon and mac i checked hv computer and no codes
then i checked modules from battery and all of then have 9 volt up
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ohh i checked the continuity from the battery plug and is good

please help

The vehicle readied on normally with the old battery but you had battery failure codes and this is why you replaced the hybrid battery is that correct? Do you have the original failure codes? And just to make sure you're 100% certain there are no codes in either the engine control computer or the body computer or the hybrid computer? Are you certain that all the cable connections to the high-voltage lines are properly installed? To have a way to test the high-voltage? Are you 100% certain that this battery is charged to a sufficient level to allow the vehicle to ready on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the code was p3001 for this reason i replaced the battery but now no code is present it was from another car that it was working
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no codes at all
ecu battery no codes
hv memory no codes
engine control no codes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
100% this battery is good because the other car was working
and all connection i checked twice the computer show me the modules have 9v up
sorry for too many question i hope you can help me
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when i tried to start ready light on just blink
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
{theft}security light go off too
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please reply

Let me do some research on this problem and I will get back to you this evening with some thoughts. I have a dinner party to attend. If that's not soon enough please let me know I can opt out before I go.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i ll wait for your help when you have time let me know what you think it could be the problems thanks for your time

Do you know the information some code that was output with the P3001 code? This particular P3001 code usually indicates a malfunction in the battery ECU. Please be advised that if you are fooling with the high-voltage battery and you're not wearing the correct protective electrical gloves or inadvertently touched the wrong things this battery can hurt you if not kill you. Can you give me some history on the vehicle leading up to this problem? Was it towed into your shop was any recent work done previously to set this particular code? You mentioned that you took a battery of a known good car and put into this car did you try switching the bad battery or the battery from your car into the donor car does the same problem occur? If the car will not ready on when turned to the start position and did previously to installing the battery retrace your steps and see if there something that you potentially overlooked safety locks bolts connectors relays and so on.