Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

TOYOTA: immobiliser for the TARAGO 1999..locksmith..car key

I have lost one of my original car keys with immobiliser for the TARAGO 1999 ._The second key is in bad condition._I went to one of the TOYOTA dillers and purchased _the blank key with the immobiliser than had it cut at the local locksmith (copy to my car key)._Than went to Toyota dealer to get it coded for the immobiliser. For some reason they were non able to code the new key saying that is something is wrong with the car immobiliser ._Is it any thing I can do now to be able to use both keys ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Only one of the original keys will be coded as a master key. If this is the key that you lost there is no way you will be able to program any additional keys. The computer will have to be replaced. Here in the USA Toyota offers assistance and will pay for a new computer you have to pay for the programming and 2 new keys.

Skyvisions