stone314
stone314, degree
Experience:  Automotive Degree
33389813

2000 Toyota SIenna: The turn signals and hazard lights..fuses

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota SIenna. The turn signals and hazard lights just stopped working. I have checked the fuses for both and they are ok. Can you help or do I need to take to shop.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
stone314 :

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.com Anything else not functioning correctly

stone314 :

this should be what you need

FLASHER

<h3 class=&#34;subhead&#34;>2000 Toyota Truck Sienna 3.0L EFI 6cyl
<h4 class=&#34;white head-w-linesdrk&#34;>The Flasher is located:

Behind left side of instrument panel
lashers are components of both turn and hazard systems.

The use of the wrong bulb can cause the flasher to flash too fast or too slow. Turn signals on American cars use either a 1257 or a 1034 bulb, which are interchangeable. A 1257 bulb draws more current than a 1034, however and if it is used in place of a 1034, the flasher will flash faster. If a 1034 bulb is used in place of an 1157 bulb, it will flash slower.

There are different flashers available to match the head of the bulbs in the circuit. For instance, if a trailer is being towed and its lights are wired into the turn signal circuit, the extra circuit of the trailer lights will cause the flasher to flash too fast. A heavy-duty (variable load) flasher will solve the problem. This usually fits the socket without modifications. If the heavy-duty flasher is used when the trailer is disconnected, the signals would normally flash more slowly. Although heavy-duty flashers will operate additional bulbs, they have one big disadvantage and should not be used unless it is necessary. These flashers will not cause the turn signals to flash slower if a bulb burns out. When a turn signal bulb fails, the driver has no idea that it did.

WARNING

The flasher unit for turn signals should not be switched with a flasher unit for the hazard lights.

To check the filaments of all of the turn signal bulbs and the brake lights, turn on the hazard flashers and walk around the car.

A flasher can be located in the fuse panel, under the dash in the wiring loom, in a glove box, under the hood, or somewhere else.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

A fuse panel.

Most flashers are located under the dashboard on the driver's side. When working properly, a flasher is easy to locate because it makes a ticking sound. When it is not functioning, a service manual may be needed to help locate it. Lighting company catalogs generally have pages listing the location of flashers.

To replace a flasher:

• A flasher features two or three prongs that plug into a socket.

• Just pull the flasher out of the socket and replace it with a new one.

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.stone31440406.1281107639
Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.
this should be what you need

FLASHER

2000 Toyota Truck Sienna 3.0L EFI 6cyl

The Flasher is located:

Behind left side of instrument panel

The use of the wrong bulb can cause the flasher to flash too fast or
too slow. Turn signals on American cars use either a 1257 or a 1034
bulb, which are interchangeable. A 1257 bulb draws more current than a
1034, however and if it is used in place of a 1034, the flasher will
flash faster. If a 1034 bulb is used in place of an 1157 bulb, it will
flash slower.

There are different flashers available to match the head of the
bulbs in the circuit. For instance, if a trailer is being towed and its
lights are wired into the turn signal circuit, the extra circuit of the
trailer lights will cause the flasher to flash too fast. A heavy-duty
(variable load) flasher will solve the problem. This usually fits the
socket without modifications. If the heavy-duty flasher is used when
the trailer is disconnected, the signals would normally flash more
slowly. Although heavy-duty flashers will operate additional bulbs,
they have one big disadvantage and should not be used unless it is
necessary. These flashers will not cause the turn signals to flash
slower if a bulb burns out. When a turn signal bulb fails, the driver
has no idea that it did.

WARNING

To check the filaments of all of the turn signal bulbs and the brake
lights, turn on the hazard flashers and walk around the car.

A flasher can be located in the fuse panel, under the dash in the
wiring loom, in a glove box, under the hood, or somewhere else.

A fuse panel.

Most flashers are located under the dashboard on the driver's side.
When working properly, a flasher is easy to locate because it makes a
ticking sound. When it is not functioning, a service manual may be
needed to help locate it. Lighting company catalogs generally have
pages listing the location of flashers.

To replace a flasher:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Both the turn signals and hazard lights are not working. Will the flasher address both of these issues?

I read on line that it sometimes is the hazard switch.

Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.

The flasher should take care of the directional signals and hazards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have more specific information as to where the flasher is on 2000 Toyota Sienna
Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.
Turn Signal Flasher
stone314, degree
Experience: Automotive Degree
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry to be so dense, but I have the new flasher, but can not find it. The picture places it on left side under steering wheel, but I do not see it there.
Expert:  stone314 replied 4 years ago.
I actually up in the dash you have to lie on your back to see it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I finally found it. Was a challenge getting out, but got it out and replaced and all is fine.

Thanks for your help.