Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

My Toyota Yaris is leaking water under the glove department.

Customer Question

My Toyota Yaris is leaking water under the glove department. When ever I do a left turn it makes a noise (sounds like water), than it starts to drip water. My husband took out the glove department and he found water under where the fan is at. We don't know there's a hole where the viper is at or the A/C moist.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

You have an issue with the evaporator case drain tube then, go under the car, at the firewall toward the passenger side there is a black hose that sticks out about 1 inch, this is either clogged, pinched or pushed back inside the car causing inproper draining of this system.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is the evaporator case drain tube? how do I fixed it than?
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
the drain tube is just that....a tube that drains water. The evaporator in the dash cools the air and this causes moisture to gather, it runs down and hits the bottom of the case, at the base of the case the tube attaches and runs to the outside of the car in the location I mentioned above, you need to find it, inspect it and resolve the issue.