Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

where is the ecu for a 1999 Toyota camry for programming a

where is the ecu for a 1999 Toyota camry for programming a dealer installed remote.(After market) I think VS 3000. What does it look like?

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Do you mean that this is a RS3000 system?

What are you trying to do, remove the system or add a new remote?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to add a remote and I think I can see the grey ECU box but cannot find the green button to program the new remotes that I bought. Am I in the right place?It is a RS3000 system.

Not a problem, YES this is under the driver side dash. It looks like this:

graphic

And is located here:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What color is the box? I see a big white box that looks like a fuse box and I also see a grey box that seems to be attached to the top of the drivers's side dash. Which one am I looking for?

The box should be black plastic or grey metal dependin on which one it has....are you sure that this system is still in place on the car? The diagrams I gave you above show the exact location.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I found it. It was attached to the top of the dash. Once I clipped the wire that was holding it up, the green button appeared. Thank you.
you are very welcome, glad I could help. Please be sure to leave me some feedback after you click accept. Have a good week.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the assistance and will be more than happy to ask your assistance again should i need it!!Cool