Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

toyota yaris makes loud noise like releasing spring (front

toyota yaris 1500, 4dr and automatic makes loud noise like releasing spring (front engine compartment) when i drive forward after backing from parking. is that normal? what is causing that?

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Can you elaborate on this? What exactly is going on with the car? You have a noise when going over a bump......?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
from my garage i backup to the street turning left or right (depending on which way i want to go). i shift gear to D. the car moves forward but after few seconds i hear the noise.( i dont go over a bump. ) after that while driving i dont hear the sound anymore. i experience this almost everytime i move out of garage or parking. i bought the car 4 weeks ago. took it back to dealer but that time there was no noise.
what exactly does this noise sound like?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
like a spring being released. "Ding....." similar to when you hit the coil sring and it makes that vibrating sound i can even feel the resonating vibration on the gas pedal with my feet.
is this a one time noise or a repeating noise?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just once
ok, and this is when you first move FORWARD after backing up correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, that is a clear description then.

Sorry to say but there is nothing you can do about this and while it is a noise and feeling it is also "normal". You are hearing brake pad shift in the front, this is more common when first driven and when the brake pads are somewhat worn, replacing the front brakes and hardware will reduce this noise but it will eventually come back.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
but the pads are not yet wornout badly

that does not matter, I do not think you understood what I was saying above.

Worn pads make the noise WORSE then new pads but the noise will always be there. The pad slides are spring loaded to allow the pads to shift, you are hearing the brake pads shift here. Not a problem.