Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

I HAVE A 2000 TOYOTA SOLARA V6 TRACTION CONTROL WAS ON CAME

I HAVE A 2000 TOYOTA SOLARA V6 TRACTION CONTROL WAS ON CAME OFF BUT WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON TO WORK THE LIGHT STILL SAYS OFF
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Is the ABS or check engine light on also?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i do have a hand held scanner and yes i have i check engine light on code p0125 i did change the coolant sensor clear code code came back so i guess it might be a stuck thermastate. traction control stays off when i push the button it still says off on dash board when it was working traction control light on dasboard didnt display. its like just stuck in off.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

Traction control is NOT your issue here.

On this car when a check engine light and code stores then it disables and turns off the traction control system as well, so in other words fix the check engine light to resolve the other indicators. Yes this is most likely a sticking thermostat if the 0125 is the only code stored.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thk you but maybe iam not explaining my self correct. i just cleared the p0125 last night changed thermostate. the problem is i always left traction control on . but now its says off on the dash board when i hit the botton it still says off. when it was working traction control light light was never showing on dash board. unless i shut it off then the light will come on and say trac off. no matter what i do when i hit the button to work it just says off.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

That is because you have a basic scan tool.

Jujst clearing the code still stores a pending code, FIX the p0125 issue and then disconnect the battery for a while to clear the computer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay iam also mechanic but i dont know alot about traction control . but last night i took the car to a sandy strech road to activate trac controll it dont work. i dont have any check engine codes. trac just wont work or the button to engage .
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
you likely have a "pending" code. Again you can also power the car down to reset everything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay i will try to power down and see if will reset and i will get back with you thk you for being patient with me your well apretitated.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.

have a good day, I will be back online this evening.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i powerd down the car still stayed off wont work. so my friend came over . and this is what he did he pulled my emergency brake on . then he started my car pump my brakes twice then then disengaged the emergency brake light went off trac is working fine know. my question to you if it comes on agin what could be the problem.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 4 years ago.
What your friend did had nothing to do with the traction control, powering it down and clearing the memory is all you can do, pending codes are the only thing that can set this issue unless the ABS light is on.
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience: ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well peter thk ever so much i will pay you for helping me anyways. iam just so confused why what he did worked he said the shuts down vsv to the trac and resets. well i dont know. i just know its working when i took the car to a sand strech you can see the trac working on dash board. well thk you agin .