Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Blessings, I have a 1990 Toyota Camry. The power lock system

Blessings,

I have a 1990 Toyota Camry. The power lock system has stopped working. The drivers door will not lock and all the other doors will not unlock. I checked the breakers by the fuse box and they are fine. If you have knowledge about this I would be very gratefull

Timothy

It most likely could be the door lock relay behind the glove box that is at fault. You can take a chance and replace it, or you can use the diagram below to test it but you need a volt/ohm meter to do it. If you have further questions feel free to reply.

Click here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have ordered the part. If it works I will release the funds. I should have it shortly and instal it. I will pay if it works. If it does not work i hope you can lead me through to find the problem.

Thank you for your quick response

Timothy

Hopefully you tested the circuit like i advised.

Let me know!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
oNE MUST HAVE A WIREING DIAGRAM WITH AN EXPLANATION OF HOW TO TEST THE CIRCUIT. tHE MANUAL DOES NOT GO INTO SUCH DETAIL. i HAVE REPLACED THE RELAY AND THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. iT DOES THE SAME THING. WHICH IS MAKE A CLICK CLICK NOISE AND NO MOVEMENT OF THE LOCKS. wHATS NEXT?

TIMOTHY
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there are you still with me

timothy

Hi there!

Sorry for the delay. A common thing that happens is the wires that go to the switch on driver door get broken from the door opening and closing after time. If you open the door and look in the hinge area, you will see the wire loom that i'm referring to. It will need to be opened up and the wires tested for continuity.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will check it out , Thank you. I will let you know how it goes when my sonn gets back with the car.

Timothy

PS I appreciate your getting back with me!!!!
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would please send the wiring diagram in a different format. I can not open the existing folder.

thank you

timothy

Click on the image below, then print it out.

graphic