Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

2007 Toyota Camry: dash lights..auto mode..manually the headlights go

My 2007 Toyota Camry dash lights don't come on when in the auto mode at night. If I turn them on manually the headlights go off. What is the cause and what is the fix?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Can you clarify this??????

You said that if in AUTO they will not come on.........but if you turn the switch to ON then the lamps go OFF?????? So when and how do the lamps actually come on then?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the AUTO setting the headlights work, the D light for Drive work, and the light on the dash indicating the headlights are on illuminate. If the cruise is engaged that light works. The other dash lights and the radio lights do not. If I go one more click down the dash lights come and and the headlights go off.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
There are 2 different headlamp set ups on this car depending on what package you have.....there is a switch that just has 3 settings and there is a switch that actually has "auto" written on it, which one do you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the one with auto written on it
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
ok, we have not seen many issues with the lighting systems on this car but if the system works normally when in the Auto position but not in the ON position then this is a switch issue, this feeds directly into the body ECU to command the lighting, you need a switch here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The first post here said

My 2007 Toyota Camry dash lights don't come on when in the auto mode at night.

Your answer doesn't help at all.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

You said that if you click the headlights from Auto to on that they go out....that would be a switch issue.

I wonder if you are having a hard time trying to describe this properly to me and the issue that you are trying to describe here......is that you have the DIMMER switch in the wrong position and that all you need to do here is grab the button that acts as the odometer toggle and also as the dimmer in the combonation meter lens and turn it........