ToyotaTom, Toyota Technician
Experience:  Toyota, ASE, MSE, MECP Certified

2006 toyota sequoia: error message 3 on single cd player..sucking

2006 toyota sequoia with error message 3 on single cd player. It just keeps ejecting and then sucking the cd back in.

You'll either need to have the radio repaired, or just replace the radio. You could either replace it with a nice aftermarket unit or find a used unit like yours on ebay for relatively cheap. The benefit of going with an aftermarket radio is that it really opens up a lot of different options for you (bluetooth, ipod, mp3, xm/sirius, or a ton of other different things) that your factory radio just doesn't have the ability to do.

If you opt to repair your current radio, I'd contact these guys. I've known them for years, and they do very, very good work. You could also call them, and they'll tell you right out if it is even worth trying to fix, or if repairing the radio would cost more than the radio is worth. They're very honest, and make quality repairs, and really stand behind their work.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. Good luck :)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay. Thank you!

Why does my Sequoia randomly lock itself? And...

How do I disable the alarm feature on this vehicle? Today, I went to the vehicle - driver's side window was open, doors were locked. I tried to unlock the doors with the lock/unlock rocker switch. It would not work. Since the window was open, I reached in and pulled the door handle and was blasted with and alarm horn. : 0

If you unlock the doors and don't open a door, they will automatically relock themselves. Your dealer should be able to customize the features you either do or do not want, as explained in your owners manual.

The door lock switch will "fall asleep" if the doors are locked. This is to prevent someone from using an antenna mast, or something to squeeze in through the door, press the switch, unlock the doors, and break into the car. Most newer cars (2000 model year or so) and later do this for that exact reason.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not repair or replace the radio. I fixed it myself via a totally different method. No Toyota manuals either.