Experience:  ASE MASTER CERT. 15 YRS EXP.

1995 camry le: fe..diagram..the timing marks are on the cam shafts

Customer Question

I have a 1995 camry le with a 2200 4 cyclinder 5s-fe engine. i need a diagram of where the timing marks are on the cam shafts. it has assemble marks and timing marks which marks are what
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jason replied 6 years ago.

The 2 sets of dots on the cam gears line up. There is a dimple, then 3 gear teeth, then another dimple.

Did you install a bolt in the exhaust cam gear before removal?

I am trying to insert a picture, but it won't upload. If you need a picture, I can try to upload one from home later. I don't know if its JA not working, or a firewall issue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I installed a service bolt in the exhaust cam gear before removal. I need to know what marks to use when installing the cams in the engine.
Expert:  Jason replied 6 years ago.

Thats what I posted.

If you look at the inside of the cam gears. (not the t-belt gear, the actual toothed gears,built into cams) you will see some dimples. (toward the distributor) There are 2 single dimple marks with 3 teeth between them. Line those dimples from each cam gear together, first the lower dimple, then once you spin the cam a bit, the upper dimple will also line up.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX what I needed to know
Expert:  Jason replied 6 years ago.
You're welcome