Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

2004 Toyota Sequoia: the Check Engine Light came..Trac..lean

On my 2004
Toyota Sequoia, the "Check Engine" Light came on, along with "VSC Trac" and "Trac Off" lights. I found the codes, P0171 & P0174, (both having to do with a lean condition at banks 1 & 2). I checked for vacuum leaks and found none.
I have cleaned the air filter, (oiled), and the MAF sensor, (I could see dirt/oil on the sensor), and subsiquently cleared the codes. The "Check Engine" light is now off, but the "VSC Trac" and "Trac Off" lights remain. I was told by Toyota Service that the Trac system is automatically turned-off, (even though it has nothing to do with the code identified problem), when the "Check Engine" light comes on.
How do I get the VSC Trac, and Trac Off lights to go away?

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Try unhooking the battery. If no luck then you need to have a shop clear the codes with a scan tool.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Anthony I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the Trac lights went away.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Anthony I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the Trac lights went away. Does that mean the VSC/Trac System has been turned back on???
If the lamps are off the system is good to go and working.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks again.
Your very welcome and thank you also!