Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I need to change a wheel stud on my 2009 toyota prius. the

Customer Question

I need to change a wheel stud on my 2009 toyota prius. the stud is on a rear wheel. When I remove the wheel, I see that I can't just knock the stud back as there is a plate covering the inside of the wheel preventing the stud from popping out. What is the correct process for disassembleng the hub to replace the stud?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

On the 2009. You should have rear drum brakes. By pushing the stud through the hub they are should be plenty of clearance to clear for the stud to be removed. Simply by rotating the hub assembly to the proper position so that the stud can be reinserted and drawn back through the face of the hub should not be an issue. I'm not real sure I understand your dilemma. If you can Post a picture that may be helpful.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a plate behind the hub that covers the entire hub. rotating the hub does not allow clearance for access to any of the studs. graphic

For some reason the graphic is not showing up can you try and post or supply any JPEG format if it still does not work let me know and we'll try something else.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'll try attaching it once more

graphic

Where/how do I post it?

Still can not see. try posting it [email protected] and I will see if I can view it there and repost it back to here. Let me know if that works.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This did not help me. I wound up figuring it out on my own. I would like to have my card credited for the fee I was charged.

Need to contact service to have your deposit return. I have no control over deposits.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not happy with the service.

I referred your question to customer service that's all I can do. I just advise on repairs and it seems like the information that you're sending me is not getting through and I cannot see any of the graphics.

Skyvisions