Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

Toyota: disable..factory alarm..where exactly is the reset switch

how do I reset or disable a toyota factory alarm and where exactly is the reset switch.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

There was no "factory" alarm on a Toyota of this age, factory systems were not introduced until the late 90's, the camry did not even have this as an option until around 2002.

If you are having a alarm issue then you need to trace the wiring under the dash to the aftermarket alarm so that you can disconnect this from the vehicles wiring harness.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well it turns out it is what is known as an after market toyota dealer installed system which apparently fools many a persons pro's or not. Reason being it doesn't show on factory books but if the dealer put it in as an option, most customers myself included believe it is a toyota factory item for the fob's read toyota. But anyhoot thanks for your reply. I didn't get this earlier for it went to my spam. Cheers