Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

2010 4Runner: NAV.The NAV screen is always in DAY mode

I have a 2010 4Runner with NAV.
The NAV screen is always in 'DAY' mode. It does not change to 'NIGHT' mode when the
headlights are on. The 'DISPLAY' screen doesn't show the 'DAY MODE' or NIGHT MODE' buttons.
How to I get back to the Default setting where the 'NIGHT' mode is on when headlight are on.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

The dimmer switch for the gauge backlights also has a nearing on this one, if you have your dimmer switch clicked all the way to bright then it will keep the navigation in day mode regardless, if you lower the dimmer switch slightly then it will dim any time that the headlamps are on.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I turned the dashboard half way down and turned the headlights on and off but the NAV screen still remains in 'DAY' mode. I don't know if you have access to the 2010 Toyota

NAV manual, but if you do please see P32. It says 'if the screen is set to day mode with the headlight switch turned on, thuis condition is memorized in the system even with the engine turned off'

I'm not sure what 'memorized in the system' means. But it removes the DAY Mode button from the DISPLAY screen and there seems to be no other way to return to DAY/NIGHT screen mode.

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
Ok, there are 2 ways to adjust this, if you have the dimmer in the correct position as I mentioned above then you need to look at page 32 of your navigation manual, on the DISPLAY menu there is a toggle icon to turn DAY mode on and off.