Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2007 toyota camry 3.5 Check engine light on codes p0606.p0352

Customer Question

2007 toyota camry 3.5 Check engine light on codes p0606.p0352 which is cyl.2 misfire cannot confirm any misfire,also traction control light on code.c0210 r/r speed sensor,c1201 ecm fault and u0123.cleared codes both lights came back on at same time...same codes monitored R/r while driving looks ok.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Does the engine actually run rough?

WHat parts have you all replaced for thses codes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Engine runs great never feel a misfire,I am using a snap-on solis,the strange part is I am cruising at 35mph and boom,both check engine and traction ligh kick on at same time.The only thing that both have in common is code p0606 in pcm and C1201 in vsr module internal pcm problem(P0606)ecm control fault(c1201).I am a ford tech helping a relative out car is out of Warr.90000miles
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am in no hurry
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Looks like we have an electrical issue going on here. Can bus communication problem or bad computer?

The P0606 code is for the ECM. It is a ECM Processing Error code.

The P0352 is for the Ignition Coil 2 Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

The C1201 code sets in the in the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) because of the engine control malfunction.

U0123 Lost Communication With Yaw Rate Sensor -

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dont forget the confusing C0210 R/R wheel speed sensor,I am going to try something,clear,codes and swap coils 2 and 4 and re drive and see if code changes to coil3,ford coil have caused many,many electrical problems,I will also try a wiggle test and lookk for corrision.The p0606 is a problem with alot of toyotas according to the internet.If oyou find out out anything email me
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the delay!

I think that is a good idea to switch coils and see if that helps.

As far as the speed sensor code goes, try ohming out the speed sensor and circuit. Maybe the speed sensor or the circuit is just shorted out?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will let know what happens
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Monday morning I will have car and will reply
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
SOunds good!

You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well,,I swapped coil 2and 4 cleared codes,drove about 3 miles both lights came on same on,but only have p0606 ecm enternal fault and in traction control C1201 ecm fault.
So the coil code went away p0352.C0210 went away and the ucode.

Has toyota had any problems with coils spiking the pcm?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
No... not major problems, but it is still a possibility.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am going raise car up and try and recreate lights coming on,wll let you know monday
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Sounds good!

I will be looking forward to your reply!