Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have a rav 4 2001 with the error code P1760 shift solenoid

I have a rav 4 2001 with the error code P1760 shift solenoid valve # XXXXX circuit malfunction.
What does this mean?
Thanks
Ralph
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

There is a technical service bulletin to address this issue with this code number. That service bulletin number is: TC002-06 this is a very well-known problem and you will need to change or replace the engine control computer with the latest updated part number. This will cause harsh shifting or unusual shifting and eventually will damage the transmission try not to drive his vehicle as long as the malfunction is occurring with the old-style engine control computer.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
was there any recall for this problem

Unfortunately no. If you do a Google search you will get hundreds of hits about this problem. There is a company out of New York that advertises on eBay that has had a fairly good record of repairing these engine control computers for about half the cost of replacing it for a new one. I personally have never used them but I know a couple people that have and when they got their computer back it fixed their problem and has not returned. FYI.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does this repair cost at the dealer

Normally the labor is about one hour times your local rate and the computer itself is right around $900.

Skyvisions