Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

2002 Limited: Toyota Highlander..Its VSC light is ON, What

I have Toyota Highlander 2002 Limited Addition, It's VSC light is ON, What does it mean?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

Is this the ONLY light coming on here or is the check engine light coming on also?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Only VSC light is coming
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Was anything done to or happen to the truck before this happened?

Does it come on as soon as you start the engine or only after you start moving?

Are you sure no ABS light on here?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it appears with a yellow car symbol when we start vehicle and then remain on while driving.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
answer ALL questions
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, ABS light is not ON
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Copied from above:

Are you sure no ABS light on here?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already accepted that before the start of this communication, I just want to know is it dangerous to keep driving my truck with VSC indication ON. My wife drive hardly 20-30 KM per day and I am out of town and will not be able to take it to Toyota workshop in the next 10 days.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

I will try this one more time before I opt out, unless you answer what I specifically ask then we are both doing each other no good here, I am here to help quickly ande accurately but if you do not take the time to read my thought out replies and properlyl respond then I cannot help.

WAS ANYTHING DONE TO THE TRUCK OR DID ANYTHING HAPPEN TO IT BEFORE THIS HAPPENED?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO, nothing was happened to Truck except a big snow in Toronto.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
Ok, one last question here then, once the vehicle reaches about 20 MPH does the brakes seem to engage? And do you know if your wife hit a snow bank before this happened?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, she did not hit any snow bank and she doesn;t feel that brakes seems to engage.

I think I am taking too much of your time. May be I can tell her to take it to Toyota workshop.
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.
Youre not taking too much of my time I am just trying to gather the needed facts to fully understand what is happening. Usually if the VSC light comes on by itself then you are dealing with an issue such as a yaw rate sensor uncalibrated....but usually that does not happen for no reason. As long as the VSC light is on solid and not blinking and thus engaging the brakes then the vehicle is safe to drive for now, it needs to have the codes scanned to better verify this, it can likely be a quick 10 minute fix.