George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

i have a 93 toyota 4 runner in need to a diagram of the vacuum

Customer Question

i have a 93 toyota 4 runner in need to a diagram of the vacuum hoses and a fuel return line on a 3.0 V6 the hose are all on the right side of the engine.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

here is a diagram of the vacuum lines, let me know if this meets your needs

The fuel rail is below the vacuum, there is not a diagram of the fuel lines themselves

Thanks

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is a fuel line that i believe is the return line. i have 5 medium sizes hoses. 1 for fuel, 2 come from the power steering pump sensor but dont know were they go on the side of the intake manifold. plus 2 more.
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I am not sure of your question, there is no vacuum to the power steering. If you follow from the fuel rail you will find the fuel supply and return lines, The return is on the end with the regulator which has the vacuum line attatched to it

Let me know what you are asking and I will try to help

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my power steering pump has a sensor or silenoid on the bottom of the pump that has 2 hoses that go to the right side of the engine where vacuum hose are. I took this apart about 2 yrs ago and had marked all the hose with tape but can't read them. i have all the small hoses that come from the vsv and others but the fuel return line, power steering, and others, Do you have a picture of the side of the intake manifold towards the rear of the engine?

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

This is the power steering pump

graphic

Maybe you mean the cold start injector?

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok not the cold start injector i replaced that line with new one. if u look at the picture of the power steering pump there is 2 vacuum hoses that come out of the bottom in to know where those go to. that is a start and then i would have only 3 left.

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I see what you are refering to now!

This is the diagram you need

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is this pump on a 93 the air control valve on mine is on the bottom and the lines went to the right underside of the intake to the rear of the cold start inj. i did not see a surge tank.

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

They only drew this with the valve on top to make the drawing easier. The surge tank is the intake plenum. All the drawing is showing is that one of the lines goes to manifold vacuum and the other is the fresh air side of the throttle body/intake after the mass air flow meter. This provides for increased idle speed when the steering is turned to full lock by making a controlled vacuum leak around the throttle valve. It works the same as a idle air control valve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Goerge sorry to sound so dump, but where do i need to plug the 2 hoses to. i have 5 tubes on that back right side coming from under the upper intake not sure where they go.

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

One will go to an intake port that has vacuum while the engine is ideling and the other will go between the throttle blade and the mass air sensor, you may have a port on the throttle body or the intake tube with a vacuum tee. This will not have vacuum while the engine is ideling it only provides fress air.

If you turn the wheel full lock the idle shoud increase or at least not decrease. If the idle goes down or the engine dies when the weel is at full lock swap the vacuum hoses at the air valve.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok but im in the process of putting it back together i did head gasket and have not started engine. i have vacuum hose and a fuel hose that need to be put on before starting the engine.
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

You are fine to start it, this air valve only comes into play when the steering is turned to full lock. Don't leave any ports open and when you have it running put a hose with vacuum to one side of the valve and see if the idle increases with the steering centered. If it does put the hose to the other side and run the other hose to filtered air between the MAF and the throttle blade.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that is not the only problem yesterday i hooked up these lines and had gas in some of the vacuum lines so i need to be sure where all lines go.
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I would think that is a cold start injector problem!

The cold start injector sprays directly into the surge tank so if there is no vacuum the fuel can come down the vacuum lines

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have a problem yet the only problem is that i don't know where the hose go on that right side rear of the intake.

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I don't understand? Is this a vacuum port?

There is not a diagram of all the vacuum connections to the surge tank. If there is a vacuum port the line is likely the surge tank connection for the air valve.

You posted that you had gas in the vacuum system, there are only three ways that gets in there; the regulator diaphram is ruptured (check the vacuum hose to the regulator) the fuel supply is attached to the vacuum system (hard to do as this is a banjo fitting), a vacuum line is connected to the retun of the fuel rail (see the first diagram that I posted for fuel rail details)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok George thanks for all your help but I'm not getting the answer that i need to put this together and get it started. thank you
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I don't understand what you need, you asked for the vacuum diagram and I provided that, you asked how the vacuum lines attach to the air valve and I provided that, you asked how the fuel lines are attached and I explained that. What do you need?

If you are not clear on what I have explained please ask for further help and I will try to clarify but I don;t know what you need when you say I have not given you what you asked for.