Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

When I push on the gas pedal I hear a rattle/grinding noise..

When I push on the gas pedal I hear a rattle/grinding noise.. ??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

Can you duplicate the noise by racing the engine in park or does it only grind or rattle when the in drive and accelerating? Noises are very difficult to diagnose in this type format because I cannot hear the noise your description and potential location of the noise can be very helpful in isolating the problem.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I actually tried that, and no, it does not make the noise when I press on the gas pedal when the car is in park. Only while driving and pressing on the gas..

There a couple of things that can cause this rattling type noise on acceleration the most common was the serpentine drive belt tensioner there was a service bulletin to address this. That bulletin number is XXXXX The other problem is with the heat shields on the exhaust have a tendency to rattle also. I would have your local mechanic inspect both of these issues have them pull the service bulletin to verify whether not yours has been replaced or is making noise.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you!!

You are welcome. If you need anything in the future just ask for me Skyvisions, in the question and I will get back to you.

Skyvisions