Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

2002 toyota camry intake manifold removal

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

Can I ask why you need to remove this intake manifold? Reason I ask is depending on what you are doing here I may be able to save you some time and efforts....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

replacing valve cover gaskets seemsd like i need to for the rear one

Expert:  Toyotapro replied 6 years ago.

You are correct, I see this exact same question a lot but the customer is usually trying to replace spark plugs so I just wanted to be sure you are not trying to access the spark plugs.

The intake is not too bad on this car, once you remove the tube that runs to the intake from the air filter there are just 3 brackets on the back side of the intake that hold it in place, the pipe that runs from EGR valve to the exhaust manifold needs to be removed as well as a few bolts that hold the intake down.

Do be careful because there is a ground wire bolted to the back side of the intake using a 10mm bolt, be sure to locate and remove this before lifting up on the intake.

Edited by Peter on 1/11/2010 at 4:36 AM EST