Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

2007 Toyota Rav4 6 cyl - check engine light on with VSC and

2007 Toyota Rav4 6 cyl - check engine light on with VSC and 4WD. Carchip shows P0100, P2565, and P0083 OBD II codes at 12/31/09 9:18AM when I pressed hard on the brake in slippery conditions.
Toyota says I need an Oil Control Valve replaced.

Does this make sense?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

P2565, and P0083 these are not valid code numbers for a 2007 RAV4 with a six cylinder engine are you sure you have the right code numbers or the right year and model?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do have a 2007 Rav4 6 cyl. Carchip Pro which plugs into the OBD II port records all kinds of stuff every second of every trip. The P0100, P2565, and P0083 codes were captured by Carchip Pro at the exact time that the check engine, VSC and 4WD lights went on. As I mentioned before, after 6 or so engine restarts, the check engine, VSC, and 4WD lights finally went out.

I just plugged in an OBD II PocketScan and it only showed 1 code - P0025. I can't get any history with the PocketScan device. The Carchip Pro captures all the history.

Hope this information helps.

There is a technical service bulletin to deal with this issue that part number is XXXXX this problem is being taken care of by Toyota under warranty for five years and 60,000 miles. This 2GR engine is having major valve train problems and VVTI actuators issues. There is a ongoing problem and they're updating the actuators and control valves. This will cause anything from multiple codes to valvetrain ticking noises.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is part T-SB-0094-09 called the oil control valve? Should it be covered under my extended warranty (i.e. 70K miles) since my mileage is 51K?

In the reply above I miss typed I meant to say or type that it was the bulletin number not the part number. If you have Toyota extra care this repair should be covered under the extended warranty. Even at 51,000 miles you still would be covered for 5 years and 60,000 miles.