Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Toyota rav4: Trans will shift out cold..limp..jumps

03 Toyota Rav 4 U140f trans P0755 Sol B fault. Trans will shift out cold and then appears to go into limp. My Shop key jumps over this particular dtc. I did take a flyer on this one and replaced the Solenoid to no avail. I would appreciate a response from someone who has transmission experience with this model and also if possible a dtc flow chart. Found a bulletin listed for possible ecu problem also.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 years ago.

The engine control computer for this vehicle has been redesigned to address this problem for this code and many other multiple shifting erratic problems. 2001 through 2003 had multiple problems with the engine control computer. If the computer was replaced soon enough usually it did not damage the transmission. Toyota produced a technical service bulletin with all of the corresponding vehicle identification numbers and computer-control numbers. If you need more information on that service bulletin let me know and I'll see what I can find otherwise if you do a Google search for this particular vehicle there is an outfit out of New York that claims to be able to rebuild the engine control computer with relatively good success. They are also listed on eBay.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

any Idea what the outfit is called?

I don't remember the name of the outfit offhand, I can check this evening when I get in. In the meantime if you want to go to eBay's website and do a search for 2001 through 2003 Rav 4 engine control computers they are one of the first hits on eBay. Let me know if you cannot find it and I will look this evening and back to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not much of an e-bay type person but I registered and found him. For 65.00 vs 1100.00 I gotta try it. Thanks

I am glad you are able to find information completely. I have had several customers use this rebuilder for this computer problem and had good success. Good luck let me know how it works out.