Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

Best Year Model For Toyota Corolla

If I were to buy a used Toyota Corolla,what year should I look for with the least problems?

Hello.

This depends on a few things.

What budget range are you planning to spend?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Aaround 10,000. This amount can vary depending on the vehicle. Dependablitity and safety a big factor.

Thank you for the reply.

With a 10,000 budget a 2005 is probably about as new as you are going to find in this price range.

The 2003-2008 are so far the most reliable and best built corolla's so far.

The 2009-2010 models are out of your budget range but do offer more standard safety features standard.

As far as the 2003-2008 models they are tried and true cars, very little issues.

I would recommend that if possible purchase from a Toyota dealer as a certified used car or have a qualified Toyota technician look over the corolla you decide on before you buiy it, all dealers offer complete used car inspections for around $100 if you decide to purchase elsewhere or from a private individual. As long as the services are kept up on these cars there are no "known" long term issues with them.

The only 2 issues with these cars are that certain vin ranges had some computer issues that were covered by warranty for 8 years/80,000 miles and the other issue known to this year range is intake manifold leaks in VERY cold climates.