Toyotapro
Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified
9414525

The drink holder door in my 2010 Toyota Camry XLE will not

The drink holder door in my 2010 Toyota Camry XLE will not open all the way because a McDonald's stir stick fell down through the gap. How do I remove the drink holder cover so I can remove the stir stick? As it stands now the drink holder is completely useless.

Thank you for using just answer.

This cupholder is built into the center console. If you remove the shift knob and pull the center console upward you can disengage it to remove and better access.

Before you pop the panel up you need to remove the side garnish panels that surround the center storage compartment below the radio.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, so how do I remove the shift knob and the side garnish panels?

The shift knob just screws on and off. Turn it counterclockwise to spin it off, it may be snug.

The side garnis panels I am talking about are the panels that are on the sides of the storage box below the radio that run down to meet the shifter panel with the chrome colored ends, if you grab eah panel and pull straight back toward the rear of the car they pop off.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you Peter. The panel snapped out easily. The Shift know unsrewed without a problem. I lifted up the center console and was able to remove the stir stick from the underneath side. I was able to re-install all the pieces with no issues.

Thanks!

GREAT! glad to help, feel free to request me by name in the future, you just saved a $100 dealer visit!

-Pete