Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Tacoma pre runner: valve body..v6..2wd with a A340e transmission

I need to know the locations in the valve body for the check balls in an 02 tacoma prerunner v6 2wd with a A340e transmission?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 years ago.

Click the link below to enlarge the picture for the locations.

Skyvisions

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This might sound weird but if you drew a line down the middle of the picture you sent me then the left side would match up perfectly and the right is different than my valve body. Are there any other options?

You did say 2WD A340E Yes?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes thats correct v6 2wd a340, the shape of my valve body is slightly different on the right side than the one in the picture

That is the only listing that I have. If you want to post the VIN I can do some further checking into this this afternoon and get back to you . Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here is the vin if you dont mind checking on it for me. 5TEGN92N92Z128852

Well after exhaustive research this is the only thing that I have been able to come up with. Are you sure you are not looking at the other half of the valve body there are an upper and lower half?

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yeah im sure i'm looking at the right half, the basic shape is the same, but the grooves on the right side of mine are completely different and the locations shown on the picture you sent me don't exist on the piece I have. Arent there check balls on both halfs of the valve body? I recovered 11 check balls and the pic only shows 10.

The information that I have only shows the check balls and a half listed. The easiest way to determine where the check balls go if you do not have a diagram is look at the steel separator plate the whole that the balls are design to stop fluid flow will have a slight chamfer in every spot where there is a check ball supposed to be. This is a natural wear point in the plate. Generally speaking any cavity that is square in nature will have a slight wear pattern where the ball bangs around in the cavity before it is pushed against the tapered or chamfer hole in the steel plate whether it be in the top half or the lower half.

Skyvisions

Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks that helped i got them all back in and it seems to be right, it drives normal so far. thanks!

That is great news. If you need anything in the future just ask for me, Skyvisions, in the question and I will get back to you.

Skyvisions