Toyotapro, ASE master tech
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years Lexus and Toyota Certified

po755 Shift Solenoid B Circuit Malfunction 2001 toyota

po755 Shift Solenoid B Circuit Malfunction

2001 toyota rav4

Is this an easy inexpensive fix?

Thank you for using just answer.

This is a common problem on your truck, did the dealer have any other inspections or repairs other then what you mentioned above? How many miles on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
all they did was exchange fluid throught the dipstick with a machine that circulates old fluid with new fluid. My third gear shifts hard and sometimes the tach jumps from 3000 to 3500 and then shifts. I took the truck to autozone and this is what the actron code read Shift Solenoid B Circuit Malfunction . Is this a pressure switch inside the the transmision or a electronic sensor on the outside which is a cheap fix or am I going to face a rebuild?
Not a transmission issue here, I need you to answer all my questions so I can best help you, how many miles are on this vehicle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

276000 mainly highway miles. I drive 140 mile round trip to work and home daily

ok, high mileage and definately out of warranty.

Are you familiar with the engine computer on your vehicle and it's location?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My friend might find it. I do not know it location

Reason I ask is because there is a "known" issue on your vehicle with this code, this condition and this symptom. The issue is inside the engine control module and causes this malfunction, the part # XXXXX the ECU needs to be checked to see if it has the updated ECM or one of the old part #'s that is known for this. If the ECM is the wrong # XXXXX this is step #1 to replace.

These are all the old part #'s that are possibly on the ECM:

If any of these are on the computer then this is the old part #.

Yes with this kind of mileage on your transmission then there is also a possible issue inside the transmission but the computer needs to be addressed first.